So for the wonderful city of Sydney I like:
- The weather. Even this rather wet winter week is warm and temperatures are never or at least seldom (actually) freezing.
- The people. I am so privileged to have met some fantastic people in this place.
- The Parramatta river. A special treat is walking to Meadowbank and catching the river cat to the city. But just a few metres from our front door I can walk along the banks of this beautiful landmark.
- The environs. Within a day the Botanic Garden, or Manly dam, or Lane Cove National Park, or Blue Mountains, or Royal National Park, can be explored (and more). Closer to home Bicentennial Park and Olympic Park provide walking and cycle tracks for short excursions.
- The history. Black. Convict. Colonial. A rich and textured mix of conflicting values and actions with varied motives. Many captured in monuments and statues, plaques and information boards that illuminate my understanding of this place.
3 comments:
I've heard such wonderful things about Sydney, and now you've confirmed them! What a lovely place!
sounds beautiful! nothing like a river walk ! and right outside your door - lovely ... i love walking our river walkways - when the water has subsided enough to allow it ! but the beauty of water and trees is splendid. thanks for sharing (:
and while it records this as saturday for you, it's still friday here in canada ~ so maybe you'll enjoy this with your breakfast !.. blessings
Good to read, Mavis. Thanks.
Post a Comment